Skip to main content
site map
my account
our facebook page
Note: Before you delve into the following, let me remind you that this section is for investors who want to "understand" what MIPS is doing to determine its Long, Short, and Cash signals, i.e., what MIPS does to time the stock market. 
For the rest, all you need to do to profit from MIPS stock market timing systems is to: (a) watch for emails from MIPS that "Signal" you to buy/sell/short ("Signal Date") ; (b) execute your order on your very next opportunity ("Trade Date"); and (c) hold your resulting position until you hear from MIPS again.
From the stock market standpoint, "investors" who use a buy-and-hold strategy (which includes 90% of the "little guys") makes money when the market is going up and looses most of their gains back when the market goes back down.  In our stock market vernacular, a "little guy" is an investor with less than 1 million to invest, whereas a "fat cat" has over 10 billion to invest. Worse yet, the large financial institutional investors and the "fat cat" stock market traders know when the change from up-to-down and down-to-up in the market is going to happen, because they basically "cause" these changes. (Don't forget - High Volume Markets Move Markets). 
In stock trading system basics, the investor should know that stock market cycles can be determined.  In self-defense, the MIPS stock market models were designed to arm the individual investor with an unbelievably accurate indicator of when the stock market is changing direction (from up-to-down or down-to-up) in order to beat the buy-and-hold strategy.   MIPS stock market timing signals are the backbone of our stock trading basics.
At MIPS, we adhere to the investment rule called the "70-20-10 Rule".  This rule says that 70% of an investor's probability of making money depends upon whether or not the investor is in long positions in up markets (and short or out in down markets); 20% depends upon the market segment that the investor owns at the time; and  only 10% depends on the individual equities that the investor trades.  A time proven rule is that a below average stock in a really good sector is better than a really good stock in a below average sector.  
The primary objective of MIPS stock market timing system is to solve the 70% of the investment probability that helps the investor decide whether to be long/short/cash from MIPS signals.   It is up to MIPS members to decide which equities, ETFs, or mutual funds to trade for thenselves.  We have provided a short list under the "Services" tab, and most investors should stick to a few broad market Index ETFs like those provided therein (like SPY, QQQ, IWM).  However, if investors want to get more sophisticated than this, they might want to put together their own "search criteria" and use a commercially available stock screener on websites from companies like Morningstar, Market Watch, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, etc., to help them pick stocks and/or ETFs to trade (not recommended for novices). 
See ==>
=================================================== ======================



Notice: The information provided on this stock market timing system website is either solely the opinion of the company or provided by our quantitative models, and is only for informational and reference purposes. Nothing on this website should be considered to be a recommendation to buy or sell securities. We are not financial advisors and do not offer investment advice. Our members should contact their financial advisors or accountants for said advice. Visitors must read and agree with our "Terms of Use" agreement and "Disclaimer" document prior to subscribing to our stock market timing service. DO NOT subscribe if you do not understand and agree with these documents. In addition to membership for individual investors we also offer a subscription plan for financial planners and certified financial advisors.

Most individual investors are taught to simply buy and hold, even in down markets. They are also told that (a) no one can time the market and (b) they should never consider short trades. And somehow, the SEC made it illegal for "retail" fund managers to execute short orders in their portfolios. But, everyone must have forgotten to tell the hedge fund managers this, as they have been making billions of dollars for the last 35 years.

MIPS Timing Systems, LLC, was formed to provide stock market timing signals for individual investors to help them make money in both bull markets and bear markets like the high-profile professional money managers do (that is, like hedge fund managers that can trade long and short as they see fit).

The MIPS Timing Systems models analyze the stock market and provide information to our members when the models issue buy, short, and/or cash "signals". The MIPS trading system uses the S&P 500 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF), the SPY Index Fund, to represent the market and uses SPY in one of its index trading strategies. MIPS is not for high frequency online trading or for day traders.

Most of the information regarding the stock market direction provided herein is derived from quantitative models and algorithms owned and developed by MIPS Timing Systems, LLC. These are made up of numerous technical indicators, some of which are published and some of which were developed in-house. These technical indicators are looking for new stock market trends and the exact time that the market changes its trend line from up-to-down or vice versa (i.e., an "inflection point" in the stock market trend line). This provides our members with new tools for timing the stock market and to better manage their stock market investments.


MIPS Timing Systems
P.O. Box 925214
Houston, TX  77292

An affordable and efficient stock market timing tool. Contact MIPS
281-251-MIPS (6477)